17 Şubat 2013 Pazar

A Little Dachshund's Tale

To contact us Click HERE
April Leite is a former teacher and early childhood caredirector turned founder of Pupwalks,a unique and personalized dog walking service in New York City. She recently wrote her first book, A Little Dachshund's Tale.A Little Dachshund’s Tale takes readers on an adventure ofhow a very brave Frances Peabody came to live in New York City. The story istold by Frances herself and the friends she encounters along the way.
I had a chance to interview the author to find out a little more. 
1) What was the inspiration behind this story?Frances inspired me to write thisbook. She brought so much joy to me and my family, I just wanted to share herstory. 2) From education to entrepreneur to author - how have youenjoyed the journey so far?
All of my choices haveflowed from one to another and seemed closely related. I had alwaysenjoyed working with children and have been around animals my entire life. WhenI ran my own center in the East Village, Frances came with me everyday. Circle time,reading stories to the children, was always my favorite part of themorning. Once I felt I had gone as far as I could with education, forme it seemed only natural to try and strike out on my own to work with animals(my second love) so I started my own dog walking and pet sitting service.My love for children and children's stories never left me and I continued to beinspired by my love for animals. Writing books where the main characters areanimals and beloved pets seemed to be the next obvious and natural step forme.   
3) Who is the target of this story?
A Little Dachshund's Tale is anearly reader book. It's an illustrated chapter book that I believe is suitablefor children ages 5-10 however, I think it is also a story that parents will enjoyreading to their children as well. It is a story that all animal loversparticularly dog lovers will enjoy.
4) Are there more books in the works?
I have three other completed books: acounting book, a short story about a beekeeper who lives in Brooklyn, and astory about a pig named Higgilty Piggilty, who gathers an unlikely group offriends together for a Thanksgiving meal. I also have several other books inthe works in addition to the follow-up book about Frances in the LittleDachshund’s series.

Disclosure: Post contains affiliate or sponsored links, which support this blog at no cost to you. All opinions are my own.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder