29 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

Consumer Critique: The Best Advice I Ever Got....

To contact us Click HERE
I recently had a chance to review two inspiring and helpful books, The Best Advice I Ever Got on Marriage and The Best Advice I Ever Got on Parenting. The books are compiled by Jim Daly, president of Focus on the Family. 

Given the editor, one would expect that the books promote traditional Christian values - and they do. The books are made of of smaller, individual chapters, each one written by a different person or couple. What I like about the books is that each chapter has a different viewpoint, and takes a different approach or touches on a different part of parenting and marriage. Although the books are Christian, they don't really come across as preachy (provided the reader is someone who also expects to read about traditional Christian values).

As a relatively new parent, and relatively early in my marriage (compared to the authors of the chapters), I found their insights helpful. I can't say I'll follow all of the advice in these books, but I certainly found enough great nuggets of wisdeom that I am happy to recommend them and pass them along to friends and family members of mine.

Disclosure: I received complimentary copies of this book to facilitate this review.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder